If you are looking for a good quadcopter then look no further, the Syma X5C RC Explorers Quadcopter is the best budget quadcopter for you. If you are just starting to use drones then this is the best choice. It has good quality, has a sturdy built to withstand crashes for those who are still figuring out how to use quadcopters. For veteran drone users you will have a lot of fun flying this around the park or your neighborhood.
Product Features and Details
The Syma X5C has lots of great features that you will find helpful.
- The Syma X5C Quadcopter has high revolution 200W pixels.
- It has a 6 axis system that allows for easy launching
- Strong, stable and you can easily maneuver it even with strong winds.
- It uses the 2.4 technology for anti-interference, even if there is another quadcopter nearby it will not affect the Syma X5C HD .
- It is suitable for indoor and outdoor flight.
- Flight time is about 7 to 10 minutes at most
- Color: White
- Weight (kg): 0.9
- Dimensions (cm): 8.7 x 8.7 x 2.4 inches; 1.2 pounds
- Communication Distance : 50m
- Experience flight: Level Beginner
What I think about the product
Design: It’s slightly bigger than the other two quadcopters I own so it’s easier to spot. The build is good and sturdy, designed to withstand strong winds and crashes. It’s fairly easy to set up, the manual is in broken English but I still understood most parts.
Control: Controlling the quadcopter is easy as long as you know the proper placement and which button to press or where you navigate with the stick. I didn’t have a hard time connecting to it. I was able to take photos and videos remotely too.
Battery Life: Battery life is low as I have expected. It takes about 9-10 minutes for the quadcopter to lose power, so bring extra batteries if you want to take it out on a trial.
Pros and Cons of the product
As with any product there are pros and there are cons with the Syma X5C. Based on my experience with it, I have to say the pros outweigh the cons.
- The Syma X5C drone is easy to control, feel of the controls are great and I had fun flying this around the neighborhood.
- Cheaper than other quadcopters but has very good quality
- You can turn on the camera while the quadcopter is in flight
- You can also take pictures and videos during flight
- Easy to spot when you fly it outside
- Batteries are easy to swap
- Comes with blade guards
- Even without the blade guards the quadcopter manages to survive crashes
- Great for flying at night since it has LED indicators
- Flight time is usually just about 10 minutes at most
- Battery life is poor, so always have a spare with you
- The blades shut off when it’s low battery
- No other color available
- Delivery time takes 30-45 days since it ships from Singapore. It might take a while but waiting was totally worth it.
Would I recommend the product?
When i was looking for some thing news and across this blog from washingtonpost, i’m kind of think this is very trendy. So i start to look for anything similar,If you want to have some fun with a quadcopter or just want to fly it over your neighborhood then I suggest getting the Syma X5C HD Camera RC Quadcopter. Great for beginner and veteran users since it’s easy to set-up and control. This is made in China and the manual that comes with it is in broken English but I still was able to understand most parts.
It’s the best quadcopter in the market. Compared to my other quadcopters, the Syma X5C HD is bigger so it’s very easy to spot when you are flying it outside. I was able to fly it outside during warm weather and it flew up to 200 feet and even more as long as your transmitter reaches it there should be no problem. Camera works great on all directions and gives a clear aerial view of the place. You can also take pictures as well as videos with this quadcopter. I can also fly this at night since it has LED lights attached to it, I can easily see it in the night sky making it better. Just to make sure you also need to know how to flight it safe ( source from gizmodo)
Also just to remind everyone, this is the newer model of the SYMA X5. There are slight differences from the SYMA X5 and the Syma X5C HD Camera RC Quadcopter. The Syma X5c Explorers has better control, stability and camera quality. If you wish to see more others type of drones with higher size, cameras, flight time, check on our quadcopters home page and on syma website official, also with types of syma quadcopters.
Crashed this a few times when sorting out a few things and flying it inside the house. It bumped into walls and furniture and it still flies well. My kids wanted to play with it but I don’t want to give them the remote as it is not a child’s toy. My children are ages 3 and 5 so I just let them throw their plastic balls on it as a game. They hit it a lot of times but the Syma X5C HD still manages to maintain its balance and stabilize after getting direct hits.
One time I crashed it into a tree and it got caught in the branches and then fell down, I thought that would be the end of it but I tried to maneuver it and it still works like before.
It runs out of batteries pretty fast, about 10 minutes so you have to recharge it again for an hour. I have several spare batteries so I have no problem flying it continuously.