What to look for in a waterproof in Ear headphone?
When it comes to choosing the waterproof headphones, you have to have a product that can provide you with excellent quality, sound, comfort, design and additional features which makes it different from the others.
Slater Trout Champion Stand Up Paddler wearing the Flex All Sport Waterproof Headphones
Which is the best waterproof in earbuds of 2015?
1. Swimbuds SPORT Waterproof Headphones
Swimbuds SPORT Waterproof Headphones
- Comfort – The fit is great, never needed to adjust it during swimming.
- Versatility – I can connect it to my waterproof ipod, the cord did not come lose even during activity.
- Sound Quality – I think these headphones work better with audiobooks and podcasts than music. I find the sound rather warbled when underwater when I play music but have no issues with the audiobooks.
- Final thoughts – It’s an overall great headphone and a little bit on the pricey side.
- Comfort – Very comfortable with a secure fit, I did my laps and the earphones never budged or fell off.
- Versatility – I use this with my waterproof iPod shuffle and works great. It did not loosen up when I was swimming or running.
- Sound Quality – Great sound quality underwater even with the splashing and the bubbles.
- Final thoughts – I find these one of the waterproof headphones for swimming that I’ve used and the price is totally worth it! It’s just below $50. I like the silicon ear loops, helps to attach the headphones on your ears much better. You can further secure the headphones on your ears by using a silicone head cap, worked great for me. I did 15 laps or so and the earphones are still there. Great sound for both podcasts and music.
- Comfort – These headphones have an in-ear design to lodge into your ear canal. I find the rubber soft enough and comfortable enough to wear. The design looks uncomfortable but it actually works and is good enough not to irritate my ears.
- Versatility – Used this with my waterproof Ipod shuffle while swimming, biking and running. No issues, cord never came loose and earphones worked well both under water and on land.
- Sound Quality – Sound quality is decent, better than other waterproof headphones that I’ve tried.
- Final thoughts – Got these earphones on sale and they are definitely worth every penny! It’s one of the good headphones and with the price, it is definitely a steal.
- Comfort – Very comfortable and has a good fit in my ear, did not need to adjust it while doing different activities such as swimming or running.
- Versatility – The cord is rather long so you’d want to tie it neatly before you jump into the water. I’ve used this with my waterproof ipod while practicing my strokes and the cords did not come undone and the earphones stay in place.
- Sound Quality – Great sound quality, I was able to play both music and audio without any glitch.
- Final thoughts – Great headphones for those who are conscious of their budget. It offers good sound quality and I never had to adjust it once I was able to put it on properly.
- Comfort – The fit is pretty comfy and tight, the rubber is soft so it did not irritate my ears.
- Versatility – Does the job of locking out water from your ears when swimming. Was able to do a few laps and then it started to get loose and I had to adjust it.
- Sound Quality –Sound gets a bit gurgled underwater in the long run, I don’t know if it’s the headphone or the cord. I’ve used the other headphones with my waterproof ipod and they did not give off much of a gurgled sound.
- Final thoughts – Good headphones for its price but if you can dish out a few more bucks then choose other headphones on the list.
- Comfort – Pretty comfortable, they just fit like any standard ear bud.
- Versatility – Earphones came off a few times when I was swimming, had to put them in place with my silicone ear cap and it helped a little. Not the perfect when you are doing vigorous activity.
- Sound Quality – Sound quality is alright, not the top waterproof headphones swimming though. I can hear the loud splashes and bubbles even with high volume.
- Final thoughts – Since these headphones are pretty cheap, I did not expect a lot from it. There are better water proof headphones out there that are cheap but perform better than most expensive brands.
- Comfort – They do stay in your ear alright. The rubber is tight which is good but I’ve had the tip of the rubber stuck in my ear on several occasions but I was able to remove it just using my fingers without any hassle.
- Versatility – Cord is way too long, so you have to tie it and clamp it, otherwise it’s very versatile. Was able to use it both underwater and during my runs.
- Sound Quality – Audio is pretty decent, I mostly listen to podcasts than music while swimming. Not as sharp or clear as other headphones but since I listen mostly to podcasts, it’s no issue with me.
- Final thoughts – Aside from the plastic lodging in my ear, I’d say these headphones performed well both underwater and during rigorous activity. Not the highest quality but still a good choice for those who are in a budget.
Swimbuds SPORT Waterproof Headphones