If you are looking for the best headphones in 2016 then look no further. We have compiled and compared six of the best new released earbuds and we are going to take a look into each one in terms of the following categories:
Comfort: Of course the earbuds and headphones should have a comfortable fit and not irritate the ears after a few hours of usage. The headphones should be stable, able to fit in the ear during activity and will not fall during movement.
Design: Aside from the aesthetic value, there are some things we need to consider with the design. Is the design ergonomical? Does it help in the performance and stability of the product?
Sound Quality: Of course we’d want to have earphones that deliver clear, crisp music and does not distort at high or low volumes.
Functionality: This is for the special features included in the phone as well as how the product performed during the test.
1. MEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 Headphones
Our Best PickMEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 Headphones
- Comfort: The earbuds are very comfortable, did not irritate my ears. It comes with 6 sets of ear tips so you can choose the best fit for you.
- Design: It has an over the ear design that loops over your ears for added stability during movement. They call this the memory wire and it is flexible and will follow the contour of your ears overtime, I can’t say much about that because I haven’t been using these for long. The earbuds are in-ear, the material is comfortable when I place it in. Did not have issues with the earphones loosening up during activity.
- Sound Quality: Sound quality is quite good. It’s clear and I can hear both the high and low sounds. It’s also good for podcasts.
- Functionality: This has a noise isolating feature that works great when you are outdoors and the environment is noisy. It claims to have an IPX5 rating which makes it sweat and water resistant. I’ve used these while trekking and it does keep the moisture away. These headphones are very durable and perfect when you want to hit the gym or go on running.
Final thoughts – For the price of $17.99 these earphones are budget friendly and great for those who are active. Good sound quality and the fit is comfortable and very stable even for long jogs or hikes. Check more details…
2. Panasonic RPHJE120A Headphone
- Comfort: They are very comfortable to wear, does not slip around and fits securely in the ear.
- Design: Not the sleekest in terms of aesthetics, the earbuds look boring and plain compared to other headphones in the list. It’s an in-ear headphone and comes with 3 pairs of soft ear pads and I’m using the medium one which is a great fit for me.
- Sound Quality: Great as long as you know how to fit them correctly in your ears. Some might say that the bass is weak but that wasn’t the deal when I used it. The music is clear, crisp and I can definitely hear the bass. Just make sure you are able to plug these in properly.
- Functionality: The noise cancellation feature works great; you can concentrate on your music or podcasts even with loud background noise. Was able to run a mile or so with these on and didn’t have a problem with it, music is great, comfort is superb.
Final thoughts – For the price, these headphones are a steal! Even with the simple design these headphones do deliver good quality music and comfortable enough on your ears, as expected from a well-known brand. I was surprised as to how well these earphones performed during my daily jogging routine, I’d expect them to fall off but they didn’t which was a pleasant surprise. More details…
3. JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Ear Buds
- Comfort: The earbuds are pretty soft, did not irritate my ears after hours of plugging it in my ears.
- Design: The earbuds look very compact and sleek. It has a soft in-ear silicone cover to ensure a comfortable fir while reducing noise.
- Sound Quality: The sound is great. High intensity and very clear, the bass sounds awesome and so does the treble; even better than the more expensive earbuds. Noise reduction works well, was able to tune out unnecessary noise while working.
- Functionality: This comes with a 4.5 foot cord so you can easily move about but they could do better with the stability and fit of their earbuds especially for those who like to exercise.
Final thoughts – These are earbuds are cheap but have better quality than most earbuds over $50. These are great for stationary users, not for those who like to move about since you have to adjust them most of the time. More details…
4. Sentey Headphones Amplitude X360
- Comfort: Comes with three silicon tips for in-ear usage, I’m using the medium one and they fit my ears perfectly. Very comfortable as well.
- Design: The gold plated plug allows for the best connection from your device to the earbuds and provides better sound quality as well. It also has a metal housing which adds to the sleekness of the design, as well as to enhance the sound.
- Sound Quality: I think the gold plated plug does help in enhancing the sound. Sound is very clear for high and lows, mid-tones are also good, no distortions whatsoever even if you pump up the volume.
- Functionality: This has an inline microphone as well as an inline control. You can use these earbuds to answer phone calls and with the in-line control, you don’t need to reach out to your device to adjust volume settings. Good noise cancellation feature, it was able to drown out outside noise.
Final thoughts – Great earbuds for the price, you can also take calls while having these earbuds plugged in. Not so great for those who are active and doing sports but great for gaming, listening to music and those that just do minimal movement when plugging these earphones in. Read more…
5. Amazon Premium Headphones
- Comfort: Comfort: Pretty comfortable in my opinion for the first few hours, but my ears went sore after. The plastic is just too hard. I’d prefer for it to have silicon ear tips.
- Design: These are magnetic earbuds; I don’t know what that does to help with the sound or the design. You can stick the headphones together and hang them when not using them. It also has a flat cord so less tangles when you put them in your bag.
- Sound Quality: Sound quality is good, just average in my opinion. Midtones are okay, you can’t really hear the bass or treble.
- Functionality: Features a mic and multi-function button so you can take calls and control your music.
Final thoughts – These headphones are good for everyday use. Not for active people since they tend to fall out after a few minutes during my work out session. These are not noise cancelling headphones, so if you want a headphone that has noise reduction features then take a look at the others in the list. If you are looking for headphones that offer high quality sound then this is also not the one for you since the sound here is just average. More details…
6. TaoTronics Bluetooth Wireless Earphones
- Comfort: Comfortable fit and stays where it should during workouts. Did not hurt my ears at all after using it for four hours or so.
- Design: It’s the only wireless earphone in the list. I prefer wireless headphones over the ones with the cord because there are no tangles, no snags whenever I move. It has interchangeable earbuds and hooks; I was able to fit it perfectly with the default buds and hooks.
- Sound Quality: Good bass response from these earbuds; just as long as you plug them properly in your ears. No distortions or breaks even when on high volume.
- Functionality: These are wireless headphones and uses Bluetooth technology to connect to your device. It gives you more freedom to move around. Pairs flawlessly and fast with both my iPhone and android tablet. You can also manage calls since this has an in-built mic. It’s also sweat proof which makes it good for workouts. The noise cancellation feature is great especially when you are taking calls. More details…
Final thoughts – If you want to be free of cords and tangles then this is the best sport earbuds for you and it’s pretty cheap too! Great quality for less than $20; these headphones have great and useful features such as the built in mic, sweat proof design and the noise reduction feature.
Our Best PickMEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 Headphones
Best Earbuds Under $20