Every single man and woman possesses electronic gadgets these days. Not only are these gadgets used in homes and offices but also while travelling. The reason could vary from work to entertainment but each of the gadgets must be accessible. However, often during travelling we find that power sources for charging the batteries of these gadgets are not available due to some reason or the other. That’s the reason why portable power bank come in handy.
No one wants to risk such a situation nowadays and, therefore, we prefer to carry power banks along with us. Power banks are available in varying capacities and features ranging from device identification technology to fast charging technology and smart auto cut-off features etc. As the number of gadgets used by a single person increases day by day, the demand for high capacity power banks will increase.
Some of the best power banks available in the market today are listed below. These power banks are not ordinary power banks. They are high capacity power banks having over 10Ah charge capacity. This means that it charge your smartphones several times over from zero and not get exhausted. If you possess a lot of smart gadgets that need recharging, then the following power banks would be ideal for you.
1. Anker 2nd Gen Astro E3 Ultra Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger – Black
- This is the 2nd generation of portable power bank chargers from Anker.
- It has been endowed with much safer, faster and efficient charging technology that is safe for your mobile devices and smartphones.
- Its premium technology can detect the device that is plugged into it and delivers charge at the optimum rate for safe and quick charging of the device. PowerIQ amp-adjustment technology from Anker is one of a kind in the market.
- With its ultra-high capacity, even big capacity phones like the Galaxy S5 can be charged over two times easily. Even tablets can be fully charged from zero. Charge an iPhone four to five times over with this power bank.
- Despite its large capacity, the Astro E3 has compact dimensions and is very lightweight.
- The battery provided is of premium quality and is more efficient than most batteries out there in the market
- The power bank comes with an 18-month warranty from Anker
This power bank will definitely revolutionise the portable charging market. It comes with connector cables that are suitable for Android phones or other devices that have a microUSB connection. For iPhones, it comes with adapters that fit onto the head of the cable. It also comes with several other kinds of adapters. Thus, it can fit almost all known devices that are available in the market. The device consists of a total of 2 USB ports that are located near the base. It also has 4 LEDs that work as charge level indicator. The power button has been positioned right in the centre of the LEDs. The USB ports are different from each other as one is for Android devices and the other is for iPhones. Normal charging cycles can last up to 1 hour. This number, however, depends greatly on the phone usage while charging.
- Capacity wise this is one of the best. The large capacity really has its advantages.
- Intelligent device identification technology for optimum charging rate
- Availability of different connectors/adapters for different devices
- The design and construction are of premium grade and the power bank has been built to last
- 18-month warranty from Anker is more than what you can bargain for and that too at this price
- The design of this device is just spot on. The power bank is compact in size and lightweight making it very easy to carry.
- It is perfect for travelling due to its lightweight and compact dimensions.
- Organizing and keeping up with that many a cables could be somewhat of a hassle. A built-in case that could store the cables could have been an icing on the cake. But the power bank comes with a carry pocket instead that is not of much help.
- It cannot charge two devices simultaneously.
- The capacity might be too large for some people with smaller capacity smartphones and, therefore, slimmer and more compact options would be better for them.
- The biggest con of this product is that it does not come with any kind of wall wart or AC-DC adapter for its own charging. Therefore, unless you invest in additional gear, you have to charge it via your laptop always. This could prove to be a great inconvenience for people who do not always carry their laptops.
2. Aukey 20000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank – Black
- If you want a lot of capacity, the Aukey Monster will deliver your needs with a very large 20000mAh capacity.
- This thing is equipped with fast charging options with a 2.1A input. With a 2.1A charger, it can fully recharge in about 10 hours. That is truly fast considering its monstrous capacity.
- It has a maximum current output of 3.1A. Therefore, it can charge your devices pretty fast.
- You can charge your Android, iPhone or any other smartphone at full speed simultaneously.
- Four-LED system has been used for charge level indication.
- It is also equipped with a flashlight for assisting in low light environment.
- Comes with a smart auto charge cut-off feature to protect your device’s battery.
- Its dimensions are 6.1×2.83×0.59 inches with a gross weight of 0.98lbs. Therefore, it can be carried easily while travelling.
If you want a power bank that will keep all your devices rolling while you are travelling, this is the one charger for you. It has a very large capacity of 20Ah. Normal car batteries have a capacity of 32Ah and therefore, it can be concluded that this power bank’s capacity is truly huge. Surprisingly, the power bank’s dimensions are not that large. Neither is it too heavy. The product quality is quite high and the 18-month warranty from Aukey gives you mental peace. This power bank is truly ideal for people who use a lot of portable device like smartphones, tablets, Bluetooth speakers, mp3 players etc. Rest assured, this power bank can charge them all.
- Huge capacity of 20,000mAh is not very common in the market. One charge can take care of all your portable electronic devices.
- Compact dimensions and light in weight considering its capacity.
- It has a flashlight that is very effective in low light conditions.
- LED indicators and smart auto cut-off technology protect batteries of your devices.
- It takes more than 10 hours to charge. With charges less than 2.1A output, the charging time is even greater.
- The whole dimension is quite bulky when compared to the Astro E3. Most people would not require such high capacities.
3. EasyAcc Classic 15000mAh External Battery Pack – Black and Orange
- Capacity-wise, it falls in between the top two products. However, 15000mAh would be more than sufficient for most applications.
- Stand-out, unique appearance that is very appealing to the eyes. It is available in black and orange and these are the colors which makes it very attractive.
- It has two outputs: one for iPhone and one for Android devices. iPhone compatible output port has a maximum current output of 2.1A at 5V DC. The Galaxy Tab and other Android devices compatible output port have a maximum current output of 1.5A at 5V.
- The dimensions are 5.2×220.127.116.11 inches and weigh 310g. The design is very ergonomic as well.
- The whole deal comes with 2 types of microUSB cables of 20cm and 60cm lengths respectively.
- Charge retentive capacity is good and it is very helpful.
This power bank may not be in the league of the other two products but is good enough due to its large capacity and unique appearance. It can charge smartphones many times over and still not get exhausted. It does not have any intuitive or intelligent features like that in the Astro E3 or the Aukey Monster. It is more like the regular power bank but with a very large capacity. One more drawback comes to mind when you compare it to the other two is that its current output is comparatively low. The Android smartphones can only be charged using the 1.5A port. Thus, large capacity phones would take longer to charge. However, just like the Aukey monster, this power bank can be used to charge two devices at the same time. This is a very useful feature as people with a lot of electronic gadgets might often run out of battery simultaneously on multiple devices.
- It comes fully charged from the factory. One can use it straight out of the box without any first time charging hassles making it very user-friendly.
- The manual provided is pretty easy to follow and perfectly suited for a first timer. It is provided in English and German only.
- The charge level indicator lights up when you press the corresponding button. Hence, no charge is unnecessarily wasted in lighting up LEDs. There are 4 LEDs to indicate the total charge.
- The package is provided with two changing chords of different lengths for improved usability.
- The power bank is capable of charging two devices simultaneously. Both the 2.1A and the 1.5A ports can be used together.
- Charge retention is pretty good and the whole thing is very stable. You can keep it for weeks and its charge level will not drop.
- The power bank is very heavy. The other two products are much lighter. Thus, taking it along while travelling is a real pain and very tedious!
- No adapter for charging is included. Normal chargers for smartphones would take ages to charge this thing to full power.
- Durability and quality are not as good as the other two products.
If you compare the three power banks then definitely the Astro E3 takes away the prize because of its exclusive device identification technology for optimum charge rate. Also, the Astro E3 has pretty compact dimensions and just the right capacity and weight for taking along while travelling. It does not feel like an extra burden. On the other hand, if you have multiple high capacity devices and would like to eliminate the need for carrying multiple power banks, the Aukey Moster would suffice alone. With a grand capacity of 20000mAh, the Aukey Monster can take care of all your devices. The Easy Acc Classic also has a lot of capacity but falls behind due to its heavy weight. However, if you don’t care about how heavy a power bank can be, the Easy ACC Classic can also be worth considering due to its large capacity of 15,000mAh and simultaneous charging feature.
Why trust me?
If, after going through the review, you feel as to why you should trust my judgement, then I am obliged to explain its authenticity. I am not only a gadget freak but also a professional electronics expert and I am well aware of the technological development of power banks over the past few years. I own several power banks myself and have been using them for quite a few years now. I have the first-hand experience of all these power banks and I have witnessed the pros and cons with my very own eyes.
Also, after buying a power bank, I and my team of experts put it on trial for several weeks at a stretch testing its abilities and limits. Our test benches are well suited for testing power banks and their specifications. We have often found that specifications provided by companies do not match real time performance. Very few power banks do match the claims of their makers and ones that do make it to the top of our lists.
Read more: Best USB Car Charger