Before reading Actiontec PK5000 review, I would like you to see my short story of Modem Router. Since around October 2010, I’ve been having problem with my Internet. In that year, I used Actiontec GT701 and one Linksys router. My problem happens is the Games Servers would not work. I tried every way as a port forwarding, changing various options, but I could not solve this problem.
I already gave up and tried for new one Action PK5000 without using Router. Result is the server issue is solved; problem is gone, everything works perfectly with easy installation. That’s why I decide to share why I buy Actiontec PK5000 experiences here.
1. What is Actiontec PK5000?
Actiontec PK5000 comes with IEEE 802.11b/g standards and uses WMM (QoS) to prioritize the traffic over the network. WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption are supported. The VPN pass-through for IPSec and PPTP is also supported.
Wireless security configuration is easy to config and setup by WPS button.
After installation, you don’t have to worry about firewall, the PK5000 will protect you network against hackers and DoS attacks.
2. Actiontec PK5000 Description & Information
Redefine your ventures steering with the Actiontec Pk5000 that is upgraded to offer secure conveyance of simultaneous information, voice, feature, and remote administrations. The utilized ARP convention of this Actiontec 4-Port switch maps a hub equipment location to its IP address, so that messages are transmitted to the proposed recipient.
Because of the coordinated SPI firewall of this Actiontec remote switch, your system is secured from interlopers. With the backing for DHCP Server, this Actiontec 4-Port switch minimizes IP location clashes. Limit the system client from getting to dreadful substance with the NAT security characteristic of this Actiontec remote switch. With a specific end goal to check the credibility of the message transmitted, the Actiontec Pk5000 accompanies MAC Address Authentication.
3. Actiontec PK5000 Features
- Support G Wireless Technology
- Port Speed 10/100
- Built-in ADSL 2/2+ modem: Enables DSL Internet association through most real DSL Internet administration suppliers (membership needed).
- The Speed of Wireless is 54 Mbps
- Wireless-N technology: Delivers enhanced the extent while wiping out drops and dead zones. Good with 802.11b and 802.11n guidelines.
- No USB File Sharing
- Up to 300 Mbps wireless data transfer rates: For quick, effective remote operation.
- Built in Modem: Yes
- 4 Ethernet ports: Allow wired the association of up to 4 machines.
- Connectivity Wired & Wireless
- Preconfigured setup: With auto-recognition to set up your administration settings.
- Router Functionalities Wireless Access Point
- Advanced security features: Include WPS, firewall, parental controls and encryption programming for a safe association.
- Port Qty 4-port
- Antenna Type Detachable Antenna x 1
Qwest Actiontec PK5000 Pros and Cons
- Tech support 24/7
- The PK5000 does support port forwarding and uPNP
- Qwest/CenturyLink DSL is very stable
- Prevent unwanted content from filtering into your house
- Only 10 minutes of setup time
- The connection speed could jumped to 12.3 Mbps
- Great purchase price
- This device doesn’t support multicast, so if you want something for media streaming such as Xbox, don’t go for PK5000.
- The process of debugging why connection speed was so slow.
- Requires numerous power cycles just to run one computer
- Links dropped sometimes
- The design of this device is ugly
Should you buy Actiontec PK5000?
According to my advise is: YES
See the score of Actiontec PK5000 review
To have more secure, you shouldn’t use WPA, my advise is using WPA2 to increase your wireless security.
Usually routers will allow you to see a list of devices connected to it on the network, I’m not sure where you would find this in the PK5000 or if even exists, but it would be handy for seeing if you have that problem. (Another way you could check this is if you have a log of network activity that you can check against your known household internet usage, again many routers provide such logs.)
Your PK5000 will allow you to list all of devices connected to it on the network, from that; you can easy to defined and solve any problem. Sometimes you will need to see log of network activity check against the household internet usage, again many routers..
A normal proposal to settle LAN system solidness is to put the modem in connected mode and unite a switch behind it. That way your switch isn’t imparting (transforming, memory and so forth) assets with the modem.
The first description of the item was precisely what I accepted. I am utilizing my modem at this time and its quicker than any other time. Gained modem in an auspicious manner and as spoke to. It works incredible, no issues, permits quick connection to web. Quick downloads and in addition quick transfers.