The Infant Optics DXR-5 is a highly-reliable video baby monitor specialized for parents with babies and toddlers. Coated in baby blue, this video monitoring device is handy and super lightweight, giving parents with active lifestyle the convenience to keep track of their little ones wherever they are in the house and whenever they desire.
Built with a 2.4 GHz static free wireless transmission, the DXR-5 is 100% secured and can cover long distances in both open (up to 800 ft) and close (up to 150 ft) areas while ensuring a high-quality sound and video footage.
This provides great assurance to parents so that they can keep their eyes on their kids no matter what they are doing and where they are in the house.
The DXR-5 Baby Monitoring Device is jam-packed with reliable features and intuitive functions that will surely amaze parents as they are guaranteed with security and zero interference while they watch over their babies in private. Equipped with only the essential features, this device is created with simplicity in mind. Not only does it provide convenience, it is also very user-friendly, making set-ups and operations effortless.
Details and Features
2.4-inch Full Color TFT Screen with Infrared Night Vision: With the use of invisible infrared light, this brilliant feature allows parents to see their kids up to 15 ft in absolute darkness. When lights are out, the infrared light automatically turns on and the system adapts to the light’s level. The screen has an ultra sensitive built-in microphone as well so parents can treasure every single moment even when they’re far from their kids.
Secure FHSS (Automatic Frequency Hoping System) Data Encryption: The FHSS technology skips between various channels within the 2.4 GHz range, securely transmitting encrypted audio and video files from each camera to the monitor unit. This assures 100% security as no one else can view your special video and audio feed.
Zero Interference: The DXR-5 wireless baby monitor includes a white noise eliminator module designed to cut out any white noise and static from other wireless devices within the house, such as cordless phones, video game controllers and wireless routers. This feature can be toggled on or off when needed.
Video Streaming at 30 FPS: Going beyond the usual standards of the latest 2.4 GHz video monitoring devices, the Infant Optics DXR-5 boasts a steady full-color video streaming at a striking rate of 30 frames per second.
Comfortable Portable Monitoring: Made from a lightweight plastic material, the DXR-5 is very handy, hence so convenient to carry it around the house. The unit also comes with power-saving features, integrating a long-lasting rechargeable battery that can run up to three to four hours of monitoring.
VOX (Voice Activation): The VOX standby mode doesn’t only save energy by itself but also let you have a good night sleep while monitoring the baby all throughout the night. The system automatically turns off after three minutes of quietness and reactivates once any sound is detected – thus conserving electricity and battery life.
Easy to Set-Up and Operate: With three quick steps, parents can set up the camera in minutes. There’s no need to endure long annoying software setup processes. The unit also includes wall mounting screws and a handy stand for quick wall mounting so parents can easily view their babies inside the crib as well as see the other parts of the room.
Expandable with Additional Camera Capacity: Purchasing another set isn’t anymore necessary as your family grows as the DXR-5 can support four cameras simultaneously. Just click a button on the monitor and you can view and jump through different video channels.
Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 In-Depth Review – Pros and Cons
- The Infant Optics DXR-5 offers a smooth and clear video coverage in a two-storey home even if it’s placed on the top floor or in an underground basement. Its distance range is enough to assure parents of the security of their children whenever they are away, offering them an excellent reception both in close and open spaces.
- The product is not only suitable for kids but for adults who need special care and attention as well. It gives a clear view all throughout the day and even at night while also ensuring a distinct audio output.
- The night vision considerably works as a transitional night vision, enabling any bright night light to be as it is without obstructing the night vision’s ability to clearly monitor everything in its surrounding.
- The VOX setting is greatly appreciated as it works perfectly at night. It has intuitive activation, automatically powers on once it registered loud noises like a baby’s cry but doesn’t mistakenly activate because of traffic noise. This brilliant feature makes the product more impressive and unique than the other baby monitoring devices.
- Finally, the features mentioned above work amazingly, going beyond anyone’s expectations considering the product’s very affordable price.
- The beep sound that happens every time the unit deactivates, which normally occurs after a short period of quietness or inactivity from the camera view can be a bit annoying. However, it can be reduced by lowering the overall volume or by exchanging the product with an updated firmware.
- The product uses a camera battery and not the standard batteries you usually use in other devices around the house. There’s also no audible warning when the battery is dying – can be quite depressing if it happens at night and you have no idea at all.
- Users have found that some parts are fragile so extra care is needed when packing it for travel or during daily usage when carrying it around everywhere.
- While the product claims to have zero interference, living in or staying nearby buildings with metal frames can cause signal disruption. More so, microwave ovens at close range causes signal disturbance when in use.
- If you are looking for a highly advanced baby monitor, this might not be the product for you though it really works well and doesn’t give you so much trouble.
Overall, the Infant Optics DXR-5 Video Baby Monitor is an excellent product to be at every parent’s possession. It is designed to give parents a peace of mind whenever they are busy doing errands and not being able to see their kids up close.
Not only does the device offer security and reliability, it also has an efficient distance range and intuitive functionality. It’s a great deal considering its market value, durability, clear audio and video coverage it provides day and night, and more especially for its excellent features.