For the audiophiles out there who want a cheaper alternative to the expensive headphones (Beats for instance), here are three of the best over hear headphones that you can purchase in Amazon.
Our first pick after 36 hours of research and testing 20 others different headphones in and then running a five-person blind-listening streaming music, we’ve decided that the best over ear headphones is the V MODA.
V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone
- Features: These headphones have the two features that the previous two have such as the noise-isolating feature from Sony and microphone feature from Sennheiser. No volume control but the button does a number of things such as pause, move to the next song and even activates Siri.
- Design: The build is top quality, the design is great. Very solid since it’s made of metal but lightweight, the weight is similar to the other two headphones so I was surprised.
- Comfort: These headphones are made of metal so I was thinking that it might get to heavy or straining on my ears in the long run but didn’t. It’s actually quite comfortable so kudos to the manufacturer.
- Sound Quality: It offers rich bass and has vivid midtones regardless of the volume. Didn’t hear any distortions with these headphones.
Final Thoughts: Great headphones, though pricier than the two, it’s worth it.
Feature and Price comparison.
And the second runner-up is the Sennheiser momentum :
Sennheiser Momentum On Ear Headphone
- Design: Aesthetically pleasing and very great design, its eye catching and looks amazing in personal. Sturdy build and no loose or unstable parts.
- Comfort: Headphones are very comfortable and fits well on my head. Doesn’t hurt my crown as other headphones have. Breathable ear cups are also a plus, doesn’t make my ears sore over a period of time. You need to find the right position on your head as well as the angle so the headphones won’t slip off.
- Sound Quality: The sound quality on these ear phones are pretty good, laid-back if I say so myself. The lower frequencies for the bass and treble are good, controlled and clear as opposed to some very loud bass from other headphone brands. There isn’t much evident distortion even when you are listening to loud or mellow music over high or low volume. Higher frequencies are well emphasized with a good timbre and clear sound quality.
Final Thoughts: It looks great and is a good headphone for the price. Though the sound quality is by personal preference, I find it good though for the audiophiles, they might find something lacking with it. It lacks the noise canceling feature but still has the noise isolating .
Also great is:
Sony MDR10R Hi-Res Stereo Wired Headphones
- Features: What makes this special from the other two is that it has a bluetooth feature. It lets you stream music via bluetooth which is rather convenient.
- Design: When you compare it to the other two in the list, these headphones are the least when it comes to aesthetic value. It looks sleek and well-built like the other two, the brand name visible on the headphones.
- Comfort: It’s pretty comfy; the padded headphones are very nice and comfortable to the ears and with proper placement, the headphones stay in place as long as you are stationary or just do minimum movement.
- Sound Quality: Clear sound and great bass. The noise cancelling feature works flawlessly and let’
Final Thoughts: Sony has improved their headphones over the years and this is by far, one of the best Sony headphones I’ve had.
Which is the best over ear headphones?
All three headphones in the list have their pros and cons. All of them have sturdy build, looks sleek and stylish. If you have a few bucks to spare, then don’t settle for those imitation headphones when you can have better headphones for at least a hundred or so bucks.
Though the Sennheiser Momentum On Ear Headphone lacks the bluetooth, it has a microphone so you can take calls with it.
The Sony MDR10R Hi-Res Stereo Wired Headphones has the edge with the bluetooth feature and noise isolating feature works great, it lacks the microphone feature.
On the other hand, the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone might be pricier but it has a microphone feature as well as noise cancelling and isolating feature, perfect for those times when you are in a noisy environment.
The sound quality is to the users preference but all of them have great sound quality with the -MODA Crossfade M-100 Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone being on top of the two.